Friday, August 27, 2021

Coming to College

After taking some time away from school I made a choice to come to Purdue Northwest and play on the hockey team here. Coming from Connecticut I knew nothing about the school, I didn't even know where it was. I was lucky enough to be able to play at a few different schools but I chose PNW for a couple of reasons. Some of the reasons where the education, location and the community. 

In mid July I toured the PNW and within my first few minutes I knew that I would love to call this school my home for the next four years. From the beautiful campus to the quiet town in someways it reminded me of home. The location of the school reminds me of home because it doesn't have any main attractions but is very close to a major city. 

After taking off three years from school I was ready to get back in the classroom. I thought I would never say it but I really missed school, the late night studying and being stressed out about my next big test. I always enjoyed school and learning about new material. I knew school would be a struggle after taking some time off but I enjoyed my first week of class and am very excited to see how college is. I was also worried about how the community was going to be here. I soon learned that everyone here that I have met so far are very friendly and helpful.  So far coming to PNW was a great decision to continue my life and schooling, I am really happy I came here. 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Hammond has that small town feeling. Glad you're with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanksgiving

 As the school year goes on and I live nearly fifteen hours from home I was finally able to head home for a much-needed break from school. I...