Sunday, September 19, 2021

Hockey


 At this point in my life I have come to realize hockey means everything to me. Ever since I was a little boy all I had ever wanted to do was play hockey. It happens to be the reason why I came here. I love every little detail about it from the stench of a locker room to getting screamed at by coaches after an embarrassing lose, I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

I got into hockey at the young age of seven after watching my first Boston Bruins game with my mother. I can still vividly remember watching the game and Turing to my mother with a face of joy saying "mom I want to play hockey" and seeing her smirk saying "ok Blake we will look into it." It took some time to finally convince them to buy me my first pair of skates but when they did I don't think I every took them off. I remember walking around the house in them till my parents would scream at me to take them off because I was ruining the hard wood floor or begging my dad to come outside and shoot pucks with me. Hockey is all I have ever known in life. 

Back home, when I am home, I never go out to party or hangout with friends because that never interested me. I was always shooting pucks against the wall of my house or at a rink hours away from my house skating. Some people my ask what makes me love it and the honest truth is that I have no idea. Just the thought of hockey gets me excited like nothing else can. When I step on the ice for practice nothing else in the world matters to me, its a way of escaping the worries of the world and it calms me down in a way nothing else could, its my stress reliever. It doesn't matter if I'm watching it on TV or playing a game myself, when I'm around hockey I'm happy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

 As the school year goes on and I live nearly fifteen hours from home I was finally able to head home for a much-needed break from school. I...